The 5 books everyone will be talking about this fall:
1. Warcross by Marie Lu (September 12th): Warcross isn’t just a game. It’s a way of life. Follow Emika Chen, a teenage hacker and bounty hunter, who hacks her way into the international Warcross championships and finds herself in a position much more than she bargained for. From the New York Times bestselling author of the Legend series, Warcross is the sci-fi thriller ready to take 2017 by storm.
2. There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins (September 26th): One-by-one, the students of Osborne High are dying in a series of gruesome murders, each with increasing and grotesque flair. As the terror grows closer and the hunt intensifies for the killer, the dark secrets among them must finally be confronted. International bestselling author of Anna and the French Kiss Stephanie Perkins returns with a fresh take on the classic teen slasher story that’s fun, quick-witted, and completely impossible to put down.
3. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao (October 10th): Early readers are raving about this dark and mystical East Asian fantasy reimagining of The Evil Queen legend about one peasant girl’s quest to become Empress.
4. Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore (September 19th): The highly anticipated standalone from the award-winning, New York Timesbestselling author of the Graceling Realm series—a kaleidoscopic novel about grief, adventure, storytelling, and finding yourself in a world of seemingly infinite choices.
5. Things I’m Seeing Without You by Peter Bognanni (October 3rd): Tess Fowler has dropped out of high school after her long distance boyfriend’s sudden suicide. She runs off to her father’s house and joins him in his newest business venture – funerals for pets. Tess finds she seems to have a knack for the business, but even as her involvement grows, her heart is still aching for the love she lost. As a way of coping, she continues to send her ex, Jonah emails and texts and messages, knowing nothing will ever come of it. Until one day, she gets a message back.